I sincerely appreciate your patience as I continue to evolve through all of the phases with you. My office located in Jefferson Parish has been allowed to operate since June 5th 2020 in Phase 2. House calls in Orleans Parish for now is strict screening process. My updates for addressing cleaning and sanitation are highlighted bellow. I understand if you wish to wait to schedule an appointment when you decide, I’m here when you’re ready. I am grateful to serve you all soon. My last Pfizer vaccination shot was January 25th 2021.
I hope this finds you and your family in good health. Many things have evolving to continue serving you. My commitment to your safety and health has been reinforced with the pandemic.
By its very nature, massage involves skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority for my practice. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help me to support all of my clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
My practice follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMT), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect my clients and myself. For example:
- I will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Update your online informed consent form before your appointment.
- When you arrive in the parking lot, call to speak with me before entering the building.
- We will cover a short screening to confirm no developed symptoms of illness since scheduling. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any kind of symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage. I will provide one if you need one.
- I or the staff will greet you at the door and use a no touch thermal temperature screening.
- I will ask you to use the hand-hygiene station when you enter the office or in the massage room.
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client safe in my practice. Overcommunicating is key to address any concerns you may have.
Thank you for being my client. I value your trust and loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
Here are requested steps for scheduling.
1. Please discuss and update any underlying conditions with your Doctor if you have any health concerns. The benefit of your massage should exceed the risk of transmission of any sickness whether viral or bacterial. Only your doctor and you can make an informed decision while the pandemic is active in our community regarding your risk factors. It’s important to be accountable and informed before you decide to schedule a massage.
2. You may still schedule online with the “Book Now” button on my web site. Or you may contact me to schedule your appointment. All intake forms will need to be updated electronically or by phone with me. The form will be sent after scheduled. Allow 10-15 minutes to complete form.
3. Day of appointment. Call from the parking lot before entering building to speak with me for your intake interview. Both of us will be wearing a mask during the session. Temperature will be checked upon entry. All transactions for now will be over the phone for credit cards, online after your appointment service, exact change, check or pre-pay online. If needed I’ll send a link to purchase yourself a gift certificate.
You can see all the protocols in a link highlighted in the next sentence. I have been painstakingly updating protocols with all recommendations outlined by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards. For all of these details click here FSMTB. If you have any specific questions regarding anything please contact me. I prefer to overcommunicate with you about your concerns or questions.
Just a quick note to share that we are taking action to ensure your health. We want to make sure that your body and mind are able to continue receiving the care and relaxation it needs now more than ever.
Here is what we are doing to protect our clients and ourselves:
- Monitored Office Cleaning; Before, during, and after our doors open, we clean all surfaces that may be touched, including floors, door handles and even clothes hangers.
- Washing Hands; All of us are strictly following a hand washing protocol before and after each session and after touching any sheets, bottles, or any other objects that may have possible contamination.
- Between Appointments; A half hour between appointments to allow two new purifiers to cycle the air. Clean then sanitize surfaces, door handles and massage table thoroughly.
- What I’m Wearing; I’ll be wearing a mask, an apron and goggles during sessions. Which are cleaned and sanitized or discarded between sessions. My temperature is checked upon entering office. All clients will wear a mask.
- Linen Cleaning; Standards of linen cleaning/disinfectant are as stringent as they have always been for the massage profession. Hot water with EPA approved disinfectant solution. The main upgrade is a sealed non-breathable dirty bin and same day service to linen.
- Clearing Stress; These are stressful times. Let me take care of YOU! We encourage you to make an appointment and to allow yourself some time to decompress from the madness with a relaxing massage with the certainty of knowing you are safe in our squeaky-clean room.